Getting Started Introduction
This page provides a step-by-step guide to getting started using the Superblocks platform.
- Existing GitHub account or the ability to create one;
- Existing GitHub repository with a smart contract (assuming you would like to start building);
- You can fork this repository to try it out.
Setting up your first project on Superblocks
Assuming you followed the instructions in our sign up guide, you should find yourself at the Superblocks Landing page
Begin by clicking the Create Project button in the middle of your screen, which will toggle a new window where you have to enter the name of your project and that’s it, your project is ready!
Running your first Superblocks build
Superblocks automatically triggers a build everytime a push event happens in the selected GitHub repository.
Start by clicking the Builds section in the side menu of Landing page and then click on the Setup new build
Begin by selecting a repository to build. Filter repositories in the search bar or by using the drop-down list to the right. Once you have found your repository, press the Select repository button and you will be redirected to GitHub.
Select whether you want to provide Superblocks permission to access All repositories or only the previously chosen repository (Only select repositories option). Once you click Approve & Install you will be redirected back to Superblocks.
Once again, back to Superblocks Builds screen, click Select repository on the repository you granted access to.
Now in the Configure step, select from one of the available preset configurations.
Proceeding to the Review, press the Commit and Run button when ready.
Finally, Commit the suggested
You have now successfully connected your repository and are ready to start building! Your screen should look like this:
You can further interact with your build by clicking on the Status message which will show you the Pipeline details:
Setting up your organization
You can reach the organization screen by either clicking the Organization logo in the top left corner of the screen.
At the highest level, Superblocks is structured around the concept of organizations. Each organization consists of one or more projects (repositories with smart contracts) and people. This helps users have an overview of all the projects linked to their organization and who has access.
If you are involved with projects in several organizations, such as a consultancy, working with different clients, then you will easily be able to see and jump between all organizations in a single view.
You can choose the following actions in the organization page:
- General Settings: General information about your organization
- Projects: Create a new project, or filter for existing projects.
- Workspaces: Create a new workspace, or filter for existing workspaces.
- Members: Invite or remove people from the organization. Manage their access roles.rename your organization).
You can also choose to create new organizations from scratch.
Role-based access control
In each organization it is possible to invite other people and provide them with different levels of access. There are two defined roles:
- Member: Has the ability to create new projects, view every participating member, view and manage builds.
- Owner: All of the above, including full administrative access. Administrators are allowed to modify other people’s access rights, invite or remove members, delete projects, and delete the entire organization.
Where to go for assistance
If you have questions or troubles then please don’t hesitate to explore the following:
Community Forum - https://discuss.superblocks.com/
Support Desk - https://help.superblocks.com/
Superblocks Blog - https://superblocks.com/blog/
Developers Discord - https://discordapp.com/invite/6Cgg2Dw